Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Soul/Jazz Covers at 8 tracks


Cover Artist-Song-Covered Artist/WriterSide
Booker T. and the MG's-Hang 'em High-Ennio Morricone
Gang Do Tagarela - Rapper's Delight - Sugarhill Gang
The JB's-Watermelon Man-Herbie Hancock
Willie Bobo-Shotgun/Blind Man- Jr. Walker and the All Stars
Jimmy Smith-I got a Woman- Ray Charles
Herbie Mann- Hold On I'm Comin' - Sam and Dave
Area Code 615 - I've Been Loving You Too Long - Otis Redding
Kelly Hogan- Please Don't Leave Me Lonely- King Floyd
Tamlins-Baltimore- Nina Simone/Randy Newman
Meters- Stop That Train- Peter Tosh
Shirley Bassey- Light My Fire- Doors
Pharaohs-Somebody's Been Sleeping In My Bed-100 Proof Aged in Soul
Gabor Szabo-The Beat Goes On-Sonnt and Cher
Johnny Lewis-Chitlins Con Crne-Kenny Burrell
Trudy Pitts-Matchmaker-Fiddler on The Roof
Stylistics-It's Too Late-Carole King
Junior Byles- Fever- Peggy Lee
Ohio Players- Mother In-Law- Ernie K-Doe
Ramsey Lewis- Back in the USSR- Beatles
Ella Fitzgerald-Get Ready- Rare Earth
Baby Huey and the Babysitters-Hard Times-Curtis Mayfield
Ken Boothe- Is it Because I'm Black?- Syl Johnson
Leon Thomas-Song for my Father- Horace Silver

No comments: